What child custody rights does the father have when we visit the US? Posted on May 20, 2011

I have a 5 year old girl. She was born in Florida when I was 16. The father was in the picture at first but then disappeared. The thing is this when she was 1 year old I moved back to my country (South America) because my visa was expired and I did not want to stay illegal. Now am thinking about flying back to the US with my daughter to visit and I wanted to know if her "father" can do anything to get her from me since now after 4 years of no contact with me he states he wants her back. He is NOT on her birth certificate and she does NOT have his last name. Can he fight for custody if I fly back to us with her? If so what can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: