What child custody and visitation rights does a grandmother have? Posted on June 29, 2011

When I was 16 my mother dis-owned me and we did not speak for 3 years. I allowed her back into my life when I was almost 19 and have now decided to remove her once more (and for good) due to the way she treats me and makes me feel. She is now threatening that if we do not allow our son to visit her then she will take us to court over the matter. Our son only saw her 1 to 2 times a month, as we think she is a bad influence on top of other issues. Further more she is and has been on prescription pain meds for about 9 months now. She has upped the dose through her doctors multiple times as well as double up on meds and my fiance and I truly believe she is addicted. I am very worried that our rights to keep our child from her will be taken from us. I want to know how likely it is that she will win a case like this and what we should do in the mean time?