What charges or what will I face for using someone else's credit card? 3 Answers as of June 29, 2012

I was a former assistant to someone. We separated after many altercations and emotional abuse. Starting september 2011, I used that person's credit card to purchase personal items out of anger. Late May 2012, I get threatening phone calls from this former boss. He reported these actions. I get a call from one company. They say if I pay them the charges, they'll take liability for the charges and drop their respective dispute. A couple of weeks later, I get more hostile texts from this former boss. Saying the credit card company discovered more charges. What is my situation? What should I do? I haven't been contacted by the credit card company.

Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
Theft, forgery, all kinds if nastiness. Best to lawyer up and use your right to remain silent now. Do not talk to anyone without your lawyer.
Sifuentes & Locke
Sifuentes & Locke | Shannon Willis Locke
As a former White Collar Crime Prosecutor and a Board Certified Criminal Defense Attorney I have seen this situation many times. Right now, an attorney can do you the most good. Unfortunately, it is also the time you are least likely to hire a lawyer. Using someone else's credit card without authorization is a felony. Do not make any statements to anyone. Even saying your sorry or trying to fix it with your old boss could be used against you, however, a lawyer can do all these things for you and maybe allow you to avoid prosecution.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
The charge his credit card abuse and arrange a punishment is two years TDC to 10 years.