What can you do if I injured my back at a customer’s house while on the clock at work? 21 Answers as of May 07, 2013

I was working at a house and slipped off the ladder busted my back and my wrist I told my dispatcher from work but they didn’t pay much attention to it and still send me work or insist I work in an instant like this what can I do?

You can file a workers compensation claim.
You have no claim against the home owner. You have a workers compensation case. Your employer's insurance should pay the reasonable charges for necessary medical care, and should pay lost wages while you are incapable of working.
Come on people, what is an "instant like this" Is that yesterday, today or tomorrow? Are you genuinely hurt or looking for some freebie? If you have a genuine injury then you must get the boss to send you to the doctor and report the claim to the worker compensation carrier
You need to present a workers' compensation claim to your employer if you were "on the clock" as you say. Your exclusive remedy in Florida against your employer is through workers compensation.
You are entitled to file a worker's compensation claim. If your doctor says you can't work, you are entitled to pay at the compensation rate and to get your medical bills paid. This is your right, your employer has no say in the matter and they are required to give you the necessary information as to the name of the comp carrier and how to contact them.
    You have to tell the dispatcher that you are too injured to continue working and need to see a Dr., if you feel that the injury is too much to continue working.? But if they are a cheap outfit they may just consider not giving you any work even once you are released to full duties. You would have a Workers' Comp. claim. You might want to talk to your supervisor if they are more understanding.
    Gary L. Platt, Attorney at Law | Gary Platt
    You need to consult an attorney who specializes in Workers' Compensation law. If your employer has W.C. insurance coverage for their employees (which they are REQUIRED to have by law), you need to make a claim against their policy. Your employer may believe it will cost them money if they allow you to make a claim, however, it is NOT their choice to deny you the right to make a claim. That's why you need a lawyer to make sure your employer is complying with the law and that you are getting all the medical treatment you need, which should be paid for by the insurance company.
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    RETAIN A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY AND FILE A WORKER'S COMPENSATION CLAIM .
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    You have a workers' compensation case; nothing else in Iowa.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Quinn Law Group, LLC
    Quinn Law Group, LLC | Sean E. Quinn
    You should be entitled to workers compensation benefits since you were injured while performing work for your employer. This would include payment of your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages if the injury were to result in any disability. I would urge you to talk to your manager. Make sure the incident is documented and a workers compensation claim is opened. You should also speak to an experienced workers compensation attorney in your area.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    Hire a local Workers' Compensation attorney and have them file a claim.
    Evan M. Himfar
    Evan M. Himfar | Evan M. Himfar
    Workers' compensation benefits are designed to provide you with the medical treatment you need to recover from your work related injury, partially replace the wages you lose while you are recovering, and help you return to work. Workers' compensation benefits do not include damages for pain and suffering or punitive damages. Report the injury or illness to your employer Make sure your supervisor is notified of your injury in writing as soon as possible. Reporting promptly helps avoid problems and delays in receiving benefits, including medical care. If you don't report your injury within 30 days, you could lose your right to receive workers' compensation benefits. Get emergency treatment if needed If it's an emergency, call 911 or go to an emergency room right away. Tell the medical staff that your injury or illness is job-related. If you can safely do so, contact your employer for further instructions. If you don't need emergency treatment, make sure you get first aid and see a doctor if necessary. What's next? Once you file a claim, your employer is required to provide you with medical care.
    Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo
    Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo | Michael W. Cardamone
    If you were injured in Pennsylvania and you were an employee, and not an independent contractor, when this happened, then you have every right to pursue a workers' compensation claim. You did the right thing by giving prompt notice. Once you give notice of a work injury in Pennsylvania, the insurer has 21 days to accept, deny, or temporarily accept your claim. If they don't do that, you should file a Claim Petition. I strongly recommend doing this with the help of an attorney. The attorneys' fees in Pennsylvania Work Comp cases for injured workers are contingent. If the attorney wins you wage loss benefits, he or she will receive a 20% fee but if they don't succeed, there is no fee. Getting representation early on in the process is very important. Also, you should ask your supervisor to make an incident report and ask them to see a panel doctor to get treatment. If they don't have a panel list, then seek treatment on your own.
    File an accident report and then file a worker's comp claim.
    Tell your supervisor you need to see a Dr. They should send you to one on their dime. If the Dr pulls you from work, they should start your comp.
    Curry, Roby & Mulvey Co., LLC
    Curry, Roby & Mulvey Co., LLC | Bruce A. Curry
    Probably your only option is to file a worker's compensation claim. You can work through your employer's HR department or file the claim directly with the BWC.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    File a worker's compensation claim.
    Lawrence Kahn Law Group, P.S.
    Lawrence Kahn Law Group, P.S. | Lawrence Kahn
    This is plainly a worker's compensation claim.
    Mike Lewis Attorneys | Mike Lewis
    You need to file a written claim (Form18) with your employer and the Industrial Commission right away. You should also speak with an attorney to learn your options.
    Hone Law Firm
    Hone Law Firm | John S. Hone
    You have a work comp case. You do not have a claim against the ladder, unless it broke. Just falling over, is not a claim.
    If you are an employee, have been injured on the job and are no longer able to perform your duties as a result you have a classic Worker's Compensation claim. See an attorney.