What can we do to recover the money? 5 Answers as of September 24, 2013

My brother was in another state besides the one we live in. His room and vehicle were searched by the police. They took all of his money and the money my dad and mom had given to him to buy a classic vehicle. I have called several times to the police department but have gotten no answer. He was accused not charged. What state does the lawyer have to be out of? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
The state were they seized the money.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/24/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
The attorney engaged should be in the state where he is currently being charged.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/23/2013
Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
You need an attorney licensed in the state your brother was arrested.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/23/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Your brother's state.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/23/2013
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
The lawyer should be in the state where the search was conducted. There is often a time limit as well.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 9/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: