What can we do to get a tourist or visiting visa for my mother if she was deported in 1989 for a drug charge? 5 Answers as of April 01, 2014

My mother was deported back to Colombia in 1994 for a drug charge in 1989. Is there any way I can get her back into this country on a tourist/visiting type visa? My brother and I are stable, hard working citizens. She was convicted with my dad but he just passed away, their charge was federal she was convicted in Florida but deported through Texas. I just want her to visit for the grand kids.

Herrera & Juelle LLP | Carlos Juelle
The answer to your question depends on exactly what crime she was convicted of committing. You would need to pull her conviction documents to ascertain that information.
Do not waste your time and money. Use the money to buy plane tickets, so that you and the family can visit her.
She will not coming back here legally. Put the children on a plane.
She may be able to request a waiver of the grounds of inadmissibility.
Drug convictions make it almost impossible to come back to US. A non-immigrant waiver is available, BUT I can say with 99.99% certainty she will not be granted.