What can we do to get my sons criminal charge expunged? 2 Answers as of May 25, 2011

My son was in possession of a b.b. air hand gun. He was a runaway with a couple other kids his age. They had the gun thinking it would protect them. They did not use the gun to perpetrate a crime against anyone. The attorney said that his sentence would be expunged since it was a non-violent crime and since he was a youth. Now he is 36 and attending school to become a paramedic. He fears he will not be given a job based on this conviction. He is a hard-working, wonderful young man who is well liked by all who know him. There is never a time he does not lend a hand when needed by friends and colleagues alike. He is intelligent and a very empathetic human being and would be wonderful as a healthcare worker. Any advice you can offer will be appreciated. Thank you!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
I would be glad to discuss your son's case it maybe expunged if he was a juvenile. Please contact my office to schedule an appointment.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/25/2011
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
There is a procedure in the Colorado statutes for expunging a juvenile record - go to the Colorado state courts website, pull down the 'forms' menu - find 'juvenile forms' and look there for the forms.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: