What can we do to get my son released with time served? 2 Answers as of September 08, 2014

On June 2, 2014, my son was taken into custody for a parole technical violation. It has been more than 40 days since Florida said they were coming to get him. He has not had his extradition hearing yet and we were wondering how long Michigan can hold him for Florida? We were also wondering if there was something we could do for him to be released in Michigan with time served.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Time served is up to the Florida parole board.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/8/2014
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Cannot be released in Michigan, for the state he is on parole is Florida. Florida decides about pick up and if he is fighting extradition, that takes time. Florida law controls.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/3/2014
Click to View More Answers: