What can we do to get adjudication on my husband's removal of conditions on his greencard? 3 Answers as of January 06, 2014

My husband sent in his application for removal of condition on his green card on 02/22/12. We received a request for evidence in October 2012. After putting in a request for inquiry in January 2013, we had a joint interview with an immigration officer at the field office on 02/13/13. We put in several request for inquiries including an inquiry from Congressman on our behalf. In April 2013, we had to make an infopass appointment to get the I-155 stamp in his passport to allow him to live and work in the US. Finally, we had the ombudsman office at homeland security to do an investigation in July 2013, and we received a second request for evidence from the Immigration officer in October 2013. We do not know what else to do to get adjudication on his green card. After numerous phone calls to USCIS and infopass appointments, we are being told that my husband cannot apply for citizenship since he does not have an unexpired green card even though he qualifies for citizenship. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
Retain an experienced immigration attorney to respond to the request for information.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/6/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
It has been about 90 days since you submitted the response to the second request for evidence. You may want to schedule another info pass appointment. If you are not satisfied after the info pass appointment, you should bring a copy of your file to an experienced immigration attorney for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 1/6/2014
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
If eligible, he can file an N-400 application for naturalization, and that may force USCIS to make a decision on the pending I-751.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 1/3/2014
Click to View More Answers: