What can we do if my wife was injured at a hospital? 4 Answers as of March 02, 2011

My wife was at Inland Valley Hospital due to a heart attack. My daughter was walking her around the room because she was experiencing a severe leg cramp. An assistant to the nurse on duty told her she had to get back in the bed. When my wife tried to explain that she must walk when experiencing leg cramps the assistant grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her into a wood framed chair, cutting her left arm near her elbow. The nurse came in after and placed a bandage over the bleeding cut, did not call a doctor in or the manager. The bed was bloody from the cut. She slept in that bloody bed all night.

As upsetting as this may be, I do not think this would warrant a judgment of any significance. That does not excuse the apparent rough treatment. File a compplaint with the hospital , doctor and with the local police/sheriff.
Fitch Law Office
Fitch Law Office | Angeli R. Fitch
Talk to an attorney.
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
Your wife has a potential claim for negligence, battery, and assault. You should seek a lawyer.