What can we do if my sister who was at a detention center has not come home yet? 2 Answers as of January 25, 2011

My sister has been sent to a hospital for evaluation in Missouri. She was supposed to be sent to a detention center. We received a call saying she was coming home Friday. The day has come and gone and we are having trouble getting a hold of whoever is in charge. What can we do?

David Lurie, Criminal Defense Lawyer
David Lurie, Criminal Defense Lawyer | David M. Lurie
Why was she to have been sent to the detention center and who called to say she was coming home Friday. Without that information the best I could do would be wild conjecture.
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
I would start by contacting her case manager. The case manager information should have been given to the family by DOC. You should also call both the detention center and the hospital. Additionally, if your sister is a minor, she should not be receiving medical treatment without speaking with your parents. I would need a lot more information about her case to advice you on your legal options beyond that. If you want further help, feel free to call me.