What can we do if my husband’s ex wife wont stop harassing my husband? 17 Answers as of February 19, 2014

My husband is being harassed by his ex wife. It's been going on for a few years. She'll call or go to his job and ask for money or want him to come to her house to have sex. She wants to try to hang all over him. It stopped for a little while because he got ugly with her and told her to leave him alone. Now she's started backing up again. She embarrassed him on his job and sits up there waiting for him to get off work. When he tells her to leave him alone and get away from him, she gets mad and ask him why he won't have sex with her cause she heard he cheats on me all the time. Now she's going to my husband’s parent’s church and harassing them. She's constantly asking them about us and wanting to come to their house (we live behind them). Now they either don't go to church or run out after it's over so they don't have to talk to them. She comes to my job, she doesn't do or say anything. She just stands there and stares at me. They've been divorced 15 years. Before he got with me, he would go out with her sometimes, but that changed when we got together. She just won't leave him alone unless she has a boyfriend then when they break up, she starts back on harassing my husband. What can we do? Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Your answer is two words "restraining order".
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/19/2014
Ronald Main & Associates | Tracian M. Laignel
I highly recommend you obtain a protective order against the ex-wife for you, your husband and your husband's parents that restricts her from harassing any of you.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 2/19/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
GET an attorney and get a TPO.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/19/2014
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
You and your husband should talk to an attorney about obtaining a restraining order against her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2014
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
You can seek a restraining order for civil harassment. These are available when you are being harassed by a non family member. You should consult an attorney with assistance with the paperwork.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2014
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You can ask the court to issue a no contact order. The Court Clerk has the generally 2 page form, which is filled out by hand. Formal hearing is generally within 2 weeks.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    You and your husband and his parents should all obtain a protection order.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Provda Law Firm
    Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
    He could try to get an order for protection.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
    Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
    He can pursue an order of protection on the basis of her harassing conduct. He can obtain one himself through any city, justice or superior court.
    Answer Applies to: Arizona
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
    Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
    You should consider acquiring a personal restraining order against her
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    This is quite simple. He can get file an anti-harrassment petition as can you since coming to your work places is clearly a form of harassment that could cost you your jobs. This sounds like a pattern of harassment that has happened repeatedly. Your husband's parents can also file a petition if she continues to bother them. Talking to her about it is just a waste of time and gives her what she wants - attention.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
    He will likely have to petition the court for a protective order. The court clerk may be able to assist by providing the form. A filing fee is paid with an immediate order put into place and served. A shearing is then held to determine whether it should continue which means over the next 2 years. Violating it means being charged with invasion of privacy
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Get a lawyer and file a restraining order against her. That is the only way. We do that for our clients.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    Stopping her is not a problem. Your husband should file a request with the Court for a restraining Order. That Order can be enforced by the local law enforcement. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A. | Robert F. Davies, Esq.
    this is your husband's problem. he must solve it. and he must solve it now.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    John Russo | John Russo
    You need to obtain a restraining order against her, speak with a family law attorney in your jurisdiction to see if your states statutes allows for a domestic R/O under these circumstances or if you will have to pursue a civil order, in either case you should be able to obtain one if your allegations are factual, remember you will need witnesses to testify about her actions, your in-laws are OK but remember they are presumed to be one sided going in, so someone from his work would help greatly, along with your in-laws. The police will not get involved unless she threatens him and most likely will tell you the same thing I have. It may cost you a few dollars but it will be worth it to get rid of her.
    Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
    Replied: 2/19/2014
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Get a restraining order or protective order.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 2/19/2014
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney