What can we do if my husbands ex empoyer is trying to get him to pay? Posted on July 29, 2011

My spouse was working for PNC bank and resigned. He was on medical leave with no pay and he paid for the benefit premium (health, dental, life insurance etc) for May and June. He resigned in June and now the bank is sending a bill of another $600. He asked for the explanation and he was told that the bill was automatically generated and he didn't need to pay. But, today they are saying that we still owe them. The bill didn't any itemized information at all, but just saying we owe them $500 + additonal $100. The girl said that the bill for May/June was not "official". (Does it mean we paid for the unofficial bill???) Now they are saying if you do this, you don't need to pay, but if you don't do this, you have to pay verbally, but no explanation in written form. Overall I had been strongly shocked at the PNC bank at how to treat customers and employees, also I heard some actions which are not supposed to be. Do we have to comply whatever PNC banks says as an ex-employee?