What can we do if my husband is banned for 10 years? 4 Answers as of December 09, 2013

My husband lived here for 18 years been married for 12 years and 2 kids. His mother was sick and he left. I want to apply for his visa while he is outside of the U.S. is there a 10 year ban on him if I apply for him? Is there a waiver he can get? What can be done? I need him back because am not able to care for the kids alone and its extremely hard when 2 of them have disabilities and I have health problems.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Your husband triggered the 10 year bar by leaving. He must obtain a waiver in conjunction with an immigrant visa before he can return. If he returns without a valid visa, he will have to stay first outside the US before he qualifies for a waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/9/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
If he has a ten year ban, there is nothing you can do. It would be a waste of your time and money. But if he left voluntarily, there may not be a ban. In that case you can petition him in as your husband and raise all the hardship issues.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/9/2013
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
It sounds like your husband is subject to a ten-year bar. Your husband may qualify for a waiver based upon extreme hardship to you if he is not allowed to return or you are forced to live with him in his country. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney about the matter. Your husband should make no attempts to enter the country without permission as this can lead to irreparable harm.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/6/2013
Vladimir Parizher
Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
Nothing is impossible. Everything is hard. However, not doing anything in your situation is also not an option. You just have to go through the process and use any waivers available in your situation, including hardships.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/6/2013
Click to View More Answers: