What can we do if my ex will not show up to court to discuss child support? 3 Answers as of June 09, 2011

My husband pays more than half of child support to his ex wife. We have tried to go to court to change this, this has been going on for 7 months. There is always an excuse that his ex wife's lawyer has that they can't come to court. What can we do if his ex won't come to court to handle this child support matter?

Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
You force the issue and make a judge decide-file a motion.
Set a hearing. In your motion detail the delays. When you get to court do not agree to a continuance. Ask the court to order your requests even if the other side is not there.
Seattle Divorce Services
Seattle Divorce Services | Michael V. Fancher
This is really a question to discuss with your attorney. Your attorney may want to work out a date in advance with the other attorney, and then stick to it. If they try to bring up excuses, you may have to push forward with the hearing anyway. The judge might still continue the hearing, but they generally won't do that very many times.