What can we do if my 13 year old niece wants to be away from mother and father? 1 Answers as of May 23, 2017

They had this girl living in the street. Parents are on drugs. We have her out of the home but they keep saying if we don't do what they say, they will file kidnapping on us. She does not want to be with them. We got her back in school and she is doing good until her mom and dad start

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
There are ways to proceed. One is to file in a court of law for guardianship of the child. Second is to make a report to your state department of human services or other child protective agency and let the authorities deal with the parents. Three, the next time she shows up with one of her horror stories, call the police. These are three ways to protect this child. And about the only ways to do so. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 5/23/2017
Click to View More Answers: