What can we do if mortgage servicer lost our payment 7 months ago? 3 Answers as of February 25, 2014

Greetings. I have been dealing with this issue from our service provider's computer issue and mistake on a lost payment that has a trace number to the provider being cashed and deposited in their account, just not credited to our account. I have tried walking them through. I have tried the CFPD, have tried walking everyone through and they just do not want to help. So the service provider has continued to charge fees and reported to credit companies that we have missed payments. To answer, we have not missed any payments, I have shown that each month a payment is made to them, the service provider. They have not credited our account (1) so my question is what can I do? It has been 7 months and we're in the new year. Both my wife and I are done with this. We were going to try to refinance to get away from this service company but then realized that after all the expenses that the banks may just sell us back to the service company that we're trying to get away from.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
If I were you, I would find an attorney who is willing to take action under the Fair Debt Collection Practices act. The untruthful reporting of your credit status is an actionable offense and you may be entitled to damages and compensation.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 2/25/2014
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
You can request a transactional history of this loan and if you discover an ongoing mistake you can sue them under federal regulations.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/25/2014
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
You need to send a "qualified written request" to the correspondence address on the monthly statement setting forth your compliant. You need to send a dispute to each credit bureau showing the account is late, with a copy to the mortgage company, also setting forth your complaint. If it is not corrected within 30 days, you may have to file suit.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: