What can we do if the landlords threatened to evict us for complaining about our four am partying? 4 Answers as of February 19, 2014

We have lived in our apartment for 13 years. Not one complaint against us from former tenants. 6 months ago, our rent was raised $300 and new tenants moved in above us. Relatives to the landlords. Since then a number of parties or get together ending time ranging from 3 to 4 a.m. I wrote them a note the first time, after I started calling the management. After I did this the doors to the building start to be slammed so hard things falling off the walls and breaking things. pounding so loud we swear they were chopping wood we thought they were going to come to the ceiling running up and down stairs that they know go over my daughter's bedroom etc our landlord wanted to have a meeting not only were the upstairs tenants not present but the landlords have an extra family member there. during this meeting we were yelled at and belittled and the landlord refuse to believe this is going on and we were pretty much told to get over it furthermore we were threatened if anyone would have to move it would be us how is this legal? What can we do we love our home, raised our family here and can landlords blatantly threaten people without repercussions?

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
You can be evicted without cause upon 30 days notice to quit. The landlord has an obligation to provide you with "quiet enjoyment" of your apt. If the landlord doesn't want you there because you complain about his family members, you can be evicted.
Call the police to document your noise complaints.
Why do you want to live there? Find a new place. And call the police the next time the party goes past 12:00 a.m.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
As long as you do not have a lease you can be evicted with 30 days notice for no reason at all. That is the nature of renting.. verses owing. if you have problems with the upstairs tenants you have some options..first get a movie camera.. record the noise, etc. then you have proof it is occurring.. Call the police and tell them there is too much noise threaten your landlord with withholding the rent if the.