What can we do if a false police report was filed against my husband? 7 Answers as of July 11, 2014

We had a tech from Direct TV come to our home and proceed to give lousy service. My husband lost his temper and yelled at the tech to come back and fix the issues when the tech wanted someone else to come the following day to finish the job. Mind you the tech was at our house for about 3 hours. My husband at this point yelled but made no physical contact nor threatened his safety. The tech was pissed when he left and called the police. The tech told me when I was talking to him about specific issues with the Direct TV, not knowing he called the police. He told me that my husband treated him badly and pushed him. The police came and took a statement from all three of us. No arrest has occurred as of yet. I called the tech's supervisor the next day who knew nothing of what happened and the supervisor started reading the notes aloud while on the phone with me as he had no idea what was happening. It seems the tech added in his notes that my husband hit him in the face. One would think the tech would have lead with that statement to me when he said he called the police. There has been a formal complaint by us made to direct TV about this tech. The complaint process was actually going on while the police were there as I had been speaking to Direct TV about the service issues. When the police showed up I asked to be connected to a supervisor at Direct TV. The home office where this tech works has been told to say nothing to us due to the possible legal ramifications that could be transpiring. We have some video evidence that shows nothing transpired outside in front of the house. The video feed is poor at the front door. I was in the same room when the tech and my husband where looking at the main TV. The time period that this assault and or battery were supposed to have taken place looks to be about 10 minutes. We can construct a lot of the time line due to video and also when several calls were placed to direct TV to complain about this tech.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
My advice is that your husband retain an attorney to review the videos and the evidence and assist with the process.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/11/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/11/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
You can't do anything until the police report is investigated and found to be false. If your husband is charged, he should hire a lawyer. After the case is over, he can sue the company and the employee.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/11/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You need to immediately retain an attorney!!! This will shortly be blown out of proportion and the activity will occur on a very fast pace. Hence, you need the attorney to intervene for you immediately.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/11/2014
Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
Hire an attorney. I would make no statements to the police- none, until you have consulted with an attorney and know your rights and any potential issues with making a statement. Right now, it does not sound like your husband is facing criminal charges, there is just a complaint out there. You will not be able to force the police to withdrawal the complaint, but you can ensure your husband?s rights are protected and avoid filing of charges. Good Luck!
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/10/2014
    TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
    A false report to the police may subject the person who made it to a charge of false reporting. That however, is up to the prosecutor. As there does not appear to be an arrest, charges filed or other action taken, there is not much else to do at this time. That said, if this goes further resulting in criminal charges filed, than it will have to be defending against and there may be various strategies to be employed. If that occurs and defending against it is successful then there may also be certain civil issues to consider pursuing.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 7/10/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/10/2014
Click to View More Answers: