What can we do if after 6 months we still don’t have the final divorce paper that supposedly prepared by our attorneys? 1 Answers as of March 20, 2017

My last day in court the judge read off what was agreed upon by my husband and I, because the attorneys did not have time to write up the paperwork to be signed by the judge. My attorney says it is the other attorney’s job to do this and to get their client to sign, before I can sign. They have been sitting on this for 6 months.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The best solution is communication with your attorney. Schedule an office appointment and have your counsel walk you through The timetable on getting this done. Please also note that it can take many months to process the actual judgment when it's been signed off by the parties. You may want to hire a private judge to walk the judgment through the courts to be certain that it gets processed fast.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: