What can we do after my husband lost his immigration papers? 3 Answers as of February 21, 2011

My husband lost his papers over 6 years ago that proved he is here legally. He had an SSN and i.d. but when he was arrested about 6 years ago upon release the police department said they lost his belongings (wallet with all his cards). It has been so long we don't know if his papers have expired. And he doesn't remember his i.d./SSN numbers. We are lost and don't know what the first step from here is? Please help us. Thank you so much!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Go to Social Security and get a new card with his SS number.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/21/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You should first get your Social Security Number back by contacting Social Security Administration Office. Then you can get a copy of your paper from USCIS. No worries! Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/18/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
I recommend doing an INFOPASS at USCIS. You can make an appointment on-line by going to USCIS.gov and following the instructions to make an INFOPASS appointment. You husband should bring ID, along with information regarding his date and place of birth. Hopefully, the USCIS can give him is A Number and with that he can apply for a replacement Green Card by filing an I-90.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: