What can we do after being denied a lien because of child support? Posted on May 20, 2011

My parents had it set up that the land that they are currently living on be giving to my brother and myself in the event of their death. During the period of time that it was deeded this way Child Support came in and placed a lien on the property. About a year ago my parents asked us to sign the papers giving them full rights back to the land so that they could get a new home. We now find out that they can not because of the lien. Is this true? We live in the state of Virginia can this happen even though it was in both of our names?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: