What can we do about my girlfriend's warrant of arrest? 5 Answers as of June 30, 2015

My girlfriend was released from probation in January of 2014, but apparently had a warrant for Probation Violation that was issued in August of 2014. She was arrested on 12/22/2014 due to the warrant and was held in Inverness Jail until 12/28/2014 where she was transferred to NORCOR. Neither she or I know what the Probation Violation is in regards to. I have already spoken to the Probation Office she was reporting to on her behalf, and they had no knowledge of the warrant that was issued in the system. I called her Probation Officer 3 times so far, since the 27th and have received no reply from her. It seems they failed to inform her Probation Officer of the warrant.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Uhhhhhh, why not just retain an attorney that know what he/she is doing.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2015
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your girlfriend needs an attorney to find out why a warrant was issued and to see if it can be cleared up.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
She should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without her present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2015
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
Get a lawyer NOW and clear up the warrant. Why try and fix something that you do not have the specialized knowledge and training to deal with? Why risk making things worse?
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/29/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Why are you inquiring about this 6 months after the fact? My suggestion, contact the court clerk and ask about the warrant. They can go into their computer system and tell you exactly what the warrant is for and what court issued it.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/29/2015
Click to View More Answers: