What can my friend do to get child custody or visitation? Posted on March 29, 2011

I have a friend who has 3 children, and their mother is refusing to let him see them. They live in New York, and my friend lives in North Carolina. In 2008 child support papers were filed, however my friend is currently on probation/parole and not allowed to leave the state. He has a lengthy record the last charges from four years ago, and since then he has a stable job and is doing ok. He is willing to pay child support and is afraid that because of his record, the judge would be unwilling to let him see his children at least during the summer and holiday breaks. What are his options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: