What can my friend do to defend herself? Posted on June 16, 2011

My best friend is a resident in Texas and and had a child here in Texas. She was visiting the father in MS, wihile the child was there she was out and the father called her and told her to meet him at the hospital. The child was having seizures and the Dr said that the child may have suffered from a head trauma, the court NEVER proved that was the case but convited her to 4 years in prison for child neglect. She had no priors and is educated. Paper work has date of incident as the date of Birth for child but the child was born in Texas. Lawyers begin to help with case and then back out because they don't want to fight agaisnt the state, lawyers say "The State always wins." She got approved for an appeal but WE NEED HELP!! In Jesus name pease give me some advice...

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: