What can my friend do if her car is missing? Posted on July 14, 2011

I have a friend who contracted with an individual last October to do some repairs on her car. She paid him $800 for the repairs but has not got her car back yet. He won't answer when she calls and she has just learned that he has moved and she doesn't know where to so she can't even file a civil case against him as she doesn't have an address for him so a summons can be served. What recourse does she have against this man and how can she get her car back? She has been told that she can't file theft charges since she willingly turned the car over to him for repairs.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: