What can my friend do if he has been legally separated from his spouse for over ten years and the spouse still refuses to sign divorce papers? 1 Answers as of January 20, 2014

The spouse refuses to sign the divorce papers. They both live in New Jersey. What does he need to do in order to get the divorce?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
He would file with the Court for a "contested divorce". This usually requires extensive discovery and may lead to a trial. He should retain the services of an attorney; although many choose to handle matters such as this "pro se".
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 1/20/2014
Click to View More Answers: