What can my fiancee do about a homicide warrant? 4 Answers as of May 25, 2011

My fiancée had a work order to go some home repairs by his boss, which his boss had met him at the home. The man that lived there let them in he leaves and the boss leaves to go get some supplies and told my fiancée to stay there and start on work. Come to find out there was a shooting there that we later find out about. The police showed up with a homicide warrant my fiancée is in the house doing work but there was some drugs found and a gun which the man that lives there says that the stuff was his. My fiancée is a convicted felon and on parole until 2018. What can happen in this case? He has paycheck stubs for money that was found in his pocket and the work order for the home repairs.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Giannini Law Office, PC
Giannini Law Office, PC | Robert Giannini
Well, your fiance is facing several possible charges, including felon in possession of a firearm, possession of controlled substances, and murder. Also, he is facing a violation of his parole. Any of these could land him back in prison for years. If he is not in jail currently he needs to consult with a criminal defense lawyer in his area. If he is in jail, then his family needs to help him find a lawyer. Advise him not to make any statements until he has spoken with a lawyer. Don't believe that just because he is truly innocent all will automatically come out okay. I strongly suggest that he retain an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/25/2011
Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
Your fiancee needs an attorney that knows how to defend a serious case like a homicide. If he can't afford a lawyer, he needs to ask for an appointed attorney. He needs to do this now.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/25/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
We are The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC located in Augusta, Georgia. I am a criminal defense attorney in Augusta and a former federal prosecutor for over 20 years. In the case you have described, it is imperative that she retain an experienced criminal lawyer as soon as possible to discuss all her rights and options. I am hopeful that, after discussing all the facts, she and her attorney will be able to address any criminal charges head on. But again, I urge you to seek legal counsel ASAP! Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/25/2011
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
A number of things can happen: (1) the police view it all as a big misunderstanding and he gets on with his life; (2) he is charged with a gun charge, but no murder; or (3) he is arrested and faces charges for murder. I suggest you hire an experienced attorney. See my website.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: