What can my ex-employer do if I leave after they pay for my degree? Posted on July 04, 2011

I work for a company in New York State. They are paying for my masters. When I complete a class with a B or better they reimburse me for the class up to $7500 per year. There are two lines on the reimbursement form that state something to the effect that if voluntarily leave within 1 year of receiving educational assistance it will be considered a loan and immediately repaid. The employer pays me well below market value and I’m thinking of stiffing them and leave once I’m reimbursed for my final class at the end of 2012. What can they do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: