What can my daughter do to resolve her DWI? 1 Answers as of April 01, 2011

My daughter did drive while being intoxicated, but only because her fiancé had gotten into a argument at a local bar, with the bartender which had called the police so the my daughter tried to call home but he wouldn't let her than forced her to drive and this is after he had tried to hit her in the bar. Once they were in my driveway is when the police that was sitting across the street (his favorite place to sit for speeders) the police officer said her fiancé pulled her out of the car and threw her on the ground and he said that she was zig zagging down the street but we now know why the fiancé was hitting her but she didn't cooperate with the police because his uncle is the local ADA but she did blow a .23 so now the uncle of her fiancé said he can't help because of a state law.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
Your daughter's options will be the same as most people's when facing DWI charges.

The best option will be to hire an experienced DWI defense lawyer who will be able to work with her to craft a strong legal defense. It is possible that a judge may consider the extenuating circumstances surrounding her driving in her favor but there is no hard and fast rule where this is concerned.

It is important to remember that deadlines for filing various motions in DWI cases approach very quickly in Louisiana so time is very much of the essence in seeking the services of an attorney.

If you are seeking legal representation in this matter in Louisiana, we invite you to contact our firm at the information on this page for a free case evaluation to discuss your options.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 4/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: