What can my daughter do to avoid car repossession? How? 4 Answers as of July 07, 2015

Daughter is being threatened to have her car repossessed. She was unable to work for about 1/2 years due to medical reasons. She has fallen behind 3 car payments and has recently obtained employment. She was able to make 1 car payment but the financial company is not willing to work with her anymore. Is there something that she can do so that her car is not repossessed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
File a bankruptcy.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/7/2015
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
She could file bankruptcy, but that is pretty drastic. She should send them as much money as she can until she gets caught up.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/7/2015
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Other than tendering the missing amounts, no.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/6/2015
Bensamochan & Poghosyan LLP | Eric Bensamochan
She can file chapter 13 and reorganize the entire car debt over a new 5 year period, inclusive of the missed payments.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/6/2015
Click to View More Answers: