What can my boyfriend do if he overstayed his visa? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

What can my boyfriend say on his waiver for the reason why he overstayed is visa? Is there any reason that will be accepted? Can he get his k-3 visa to come back to California?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If he overstayed at all, he will not be able to use the VWP again. He can try to get a B-2 visitor's visa from his US consulate. However if he overstayed by 180 days up to one year that is a three year reentry bar. an overstay of one year or more is a ten year bar. So leaving the US will trigger these, if applicable. I recommend that he schedules a consult with a competent immigration attorney to determine if any options exist and to fully analyze his case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: