What can mu husband do if he missed a court hearing in 2002? 2 Answers as of April 06, 2015

My husband received a DUI in 2001-2002. He received a correspondence the county courts collections department. My husband contacted them and they stated that he had a warrant for his arrest.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
Show up at the Court house with an attorney and explain why he did not show up at the hearing in 2002. Was it in Denver or elsewhere?
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 4/6/2015
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Likely the only thing he can do is turn himself in on the warrant, post the bond, and get the case back on track to get it finalized. Depending on the amount of the bond, he MIGHT be able to post it at the court clerks window as opposed to going to the jail. A lawyer in your area, familiar with the court that the warrant is out of, could likely advise him more specifically. I strongly suggest using a lawyer for this.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 4/2/2015
Click to View More Answers: