What can I legally do to stop my ex from leaving with my son? Posted on May 31, 2011

I am 30 years old and my son is nine. I have joint legal custody with my ex wife, her having paramount physical custody. My problem is; last year my son missed 19 unexcused days of school, and was tardy another 32 days. The year before that was not quite as bad, but was closely related. My ex wife is currently trying to move him to New Jersey. Is his current school attendance enough for me to at least get temporary physical custody to keep her from taking him? Can I stop her from moving? The only person he would have in Jersey is her. All of his direct family (aunts uncles cousins grandparents etc) lives within an hour of me, or where he currently lives with his mom. I live in Hattiesburg, Ms. She in Gulfport, Ms. Can I keep him from her until Court is forced without having charges pressed on me? Our visitation agreement gives me visiting rights every other weekend. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. She is trying to sneak him out of here in the next 5 days.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: