What can I legally do if I was arrested on false charges and was falsely put in jail? 9 Answers as of July 01, 2014

I am a truck driver for over 20 years. I am a driver trainer and I train females. That is risky task of possible sexually harassment but I know how to work with women that want to be drivers. She wanted to stop for Thanksgiving. I then it’s said cool since haven't had Thanksgiving for a while. We stopped at an oil company. I asked her to is it OK to park overnight, she said yes and shook on the deal. She called to have us pick up and went. Dinner was good then later on, we were getting tired. I went back to the truck to keep an eye on it. I got my laptop out. I watched a movie and about quarter way through, I went to bed in the truck. That morning the local police department woke me up from dead sleep to ask me if I have seen anything. I told them I didn't see anything. I told them my short story. Next thing, he asked to search the truck. He stole my student’s boots, walk them up to the crime scene, put them there and framed us. He said I am the master of the crime. He interrupted them and contaminated it as they were collecting evidence. He didn't know much and I ask if he had a master degree in that he said no. they framed us on crime that we didn't do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
What are you talking about? What crime? Who is the second alleged perpetrator? Get the money you have saved from 20 years of truck driving and retain an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/1/2014
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Without seeing all the evidence against you, the only advice I can give is to tell you that it is time to hire the best attorney you can afford.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/26/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Sorry but I can't evaluate your case without knowing much more about the situation. You would need to retain legal counsel and possibly a private investigator to conduct a detailed review of the facts and circumstances before any of us could advise you on whether you have a viable claim. Even if it turned out that the arrest was false, the arresting officers may have believed in good faith that you were the wrongdoer. There are often very complex and difficult cases. People are arrested incorrectly on a regular basis, but many such arrests turn out to be entirely reasonable when all facts and circumstances are taken into account. Until you invest in review by legal counsel and a private investigator, it would be entirely speculative for any of us to conclude that you have a viable claim.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/25/2014
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Not real sure I understand your question or concern. Best to get a lawyer to help.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 6/25/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Hire a lawyer to fight the charges.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/25/2014
    Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
    You should retain an attorney- make no more statements to the cops. If you cannot afford an attorney, apply for the services of the public defender?s office. The cops believe that you committed a crime; you will not be able to convince them otherwise. Best of luck!
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 6/25/2014
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    I don't have nearly the necessary information to answer your question. You don't tell me what state it is that the alleged incident occurred; the type of crime for which you were charged; where you were, etc., etc. What should you legally do? Hire an attorney to help you.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 6/25/2014
    Thomas SanFilippo & Associates, LLC | Thomas SanFilippo
    This is an impossible question to answer given the limited facts you've laid out. What are you even charged with?
    Answer Applies to: Missouri
    Replied: 6/25/2014
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    Not sure what you are asking, however, you need to retain an attorney in the matter. Retain an attorney today.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 6/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: