What can I legally do if an online store is hurting my business by the rules that they say they can't change? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2016

I have been a seller online for 11 years. I went from a top rated sell to a below standard rating in one month. There are cases that should not be on my rating but they say they are out of time to remove them and there are cases that should have never been there in the first place. Example, buyer opens a case for item not received when it was never paid for another one item missing parts but only bought one part. Their people say it was a case that was not opened right. It should not be there but it's been over 30 days so they can't do anything about it but the person before said it would come off. My business has gone from doing $9000 to $10000 a month to $4000 because of my low rating. They said it would be taken care of last month and never was. Now they say this month and now not until August. But I still pay for my store fee and all the other fees but they control how you get promoted. How many more people are they playing this game with? I spent more time on the phone with them instead of making my store better. They talk about buyer experience on the site but they have problems and don't take care of the customer. Example, they had a glitch in there system if you bought from a cell or iPad. It said it has free shipping even if it wasn't and I lost sales from that because the people said it was free. They didn't take care of paying the shipping for their mistake. So much for the buyers’ experience when it's their dime. Things need to change with them. They are not for the seller at all. They just want money. They don't care about the seller. Listing fee, final value fee, shipping fee, store fee, they always have their hand out.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You hurt your own business. If you wanted a near perfect eBay score, you need to do whatever people ask. Was the money you saved in a return shipping fee enough to offset your reduced volume? That was your decision. Ebay sometimes bends the rules but NOT because they are forced to do so.