What can I legally do after I was beaten black and blue, kicked and being stalked? 6 Answers as of May 08, 2014

I begged for help from the police department. They told me to stop documenting my problems with them. I lost everything that day and never went back to the place I lived in for 4 years. He terrorized, chased me and stopped me on the street 11 times. He called others to feel me up, made me pull my pants down that day in front of 4 men and 1 woman. He has ruined my life. I hide and I’m scared to go anywhere for fear of him finding me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Get a lawyer to file a personal protection order. The cops would have to enforce it.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/8/2014
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You could sue him for battery, stalking, etc. in a civil (not criminal) case. You can also file another claim with the police department, and go to the press.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/7/2014
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
You can charge this person with criminal assault or sue him civilly. (fat chance on collecting from trailer park trash types) if you have established a bad rep with police stay away from them.find you some new friends while you are at it.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 5/7/2014
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
Prosecute for assault and battery through the District Attorney's Office.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 5/7/2014
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
Unfortunately, I don't think yu have a cause of action against the police. They are immune from suit as long as they act within their discretion, even if they make the wrong call. They can't provide bodyguards for everyone who feels threatened.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/7/2014
Click to View More Answers: