What can I expect of a possession of marijuana citation? 4 Answers as of August 30, 2010

I made a horrible decision last week. I was at a local park with friends and was charged with possession of marijuana. There were no children in or around the park, just 2 friends and I. We had been playing bocce ball and enjoying ourselves. I made the dumb decision to smoke some marijuana that I had for my personal use from a small pipe. Later after I had finished smoking, a police officer saw the pipe from some distance. There was no marijuana left in the pipe. He still charged me with Possession of Marijuana. Can I fight this citation?

Yes, anyone can fight any charge. Winning is a different question. The outcome depends upon all the facts, evidence, testimony, etc. However, if you have no prior drug charges or other convictions, your attorney may be able to get you into a diversion program that will result in no conviction on your record. If serious about getting counsel to do so, feel free to contact me.
You can fight any citation. The question is will you win. There are facts here and facts that are not here that would determine if you could win. You need to contact me for your free consultation to find out your chances.
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
Hire an attorney to defend you asap. You can contact my office for a consult if you live in the area of my practice.