What can I expect if arrested for less than 1 ounce of marijuana and loitering? 1 Answers as of June 22, 2011

My son & nephew arrested for less than 1 ounce of marijuana & loitering. What can I expect in probate court? This is their 1st offense.

Why would they be in probate court? If they are under 17 it will be in Juvenile Court. If they are 17 or older it will be in State Court. Depending on their record, I expect they will get probation, but there are a number of unforeseen consequences associated with entering a plea to misdemeanor marijuana, like suspension of drivers' license and criminal conviction on their record for life. I suggest that you retain an attorney to challenge the arrest or at least work out something that doesn't keep the conviction on their record. See my website for other suggestions.