What can I expect for a class b shoplifting? 3 Answers as of April 13, 2012

I shoplifted 119.00 worth of items in Travis county what can I expect In court day its my first offense will I go to jail if I represent my self how bad can that be thanks.

Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
By all means hire an attorney and do not plead guilty. Theft is a crime of moral turpitude and if on your record could prevent you from getting all types of jobs. This is a very serious case. Worst case scenario take deferred adjudication probation and get it sealed. But hopefully a good attorney can get it dismissed.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
Probation or up to 6 months county jail.
The Purnell Law Firm
The Purnell Law Firm | Simon Purnell
A class B misdemeanor usually does not result in jail time (and with your history, I doubt that is where you will end up with this case). The bigger issue is that it is a "crime of moral turpitude" which can have a significant effect on your civic rights (such as being on a jury). As a result, it is important to fight the case and if there are no defenses then to see about getting pre-trial diversion or deferred adjudication so that you can get your record cleared.