What can I do to stop my neighbor's trees grow in my lawn? 5 Answers as of October 22, 2013

Help me get my lawn under control. I have the neighbors trees growing into my lawn. I would like to get rid of his tree. But the majority of it is on his lawn. I do not know what to do because, if I just go cut it down, I will more than likely have to deal with the local police.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
I assume that you've already asked your neighbor to take the tree out, even offering to cover some or all of the cost, and he/she has refused. I also assume that you are confident that you know exactly where the lot line is and the tree is not on city right of way land. You can only control the tree on your side of the lot line. However, if the tree is a potential danger to passersby, you may be able to convince the city or a judge that it needs to be removed.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/22/2013
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
Yes, cutting down his tree is trespass. Strangely, this is a complex question of real property law. If you want to have this fight, you should get a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 10/22/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Pay him for the tree first, then cut it down.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 10/22/2013
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Unfortunately your only option is to file a lawsuit for nuisance and have the court order the tree come down if you cannot come to an agreement with your neighbor. At James Law Group we make every effort to respond to you quickly and efficiently. This means we may be responding to you from a mobile device. As you know, responding on these devices can result in typographical errors that my otherwise not occur. In order to provide this extra service, please be aware of this and excuse any errors that may be caused by responding in this forum.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/22/2013
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
How about talking to the neighbor?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/22/2013
Click to View More Answers: