What can I do to stop CPS from terminating my parental rights? 4 Answers as of March 12, 2013

I got involved with child protective services because of drugs. I was required to take a drug program. I got impatient and was kicked out after two days. I enrolled in another program but was also kicked out. Child protective services talked to my other son and are trying to terminate my parental rights. What can I do to stop them?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Beaulier Law Office
Beaulier Law Office | Maury Beaulier
Your parental rights cannot be terminated without a trial. You must hire aggressive and experienced counsel to navigate the partial facts and procedures in your case. Without a full review of your case, a more detailed response is not possible.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 3/12/2013
Mari Morrison Attorney at Law | Mari Morrison
You should have a lawyer appointed if you do not already have one. And, get clean.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 3/8/2013
Law Office of Rebekah Sass
Law Office of Rebekah Sass | Rebekah Sass
The only thing you can do is start drug testing, complying with your services and complete your case plan before your reunification services run out. It is unclear from your question what stage of the case you are in, if jurisdiction has not happened, then you might want to bifurcate the juris and dispo hearing. If you are no longer in reunification, you still need to do your services, and up your visitation to both kids. The sibling bond exception to adoption may provide relief to you. Either way, now is the time to get and stay clean. You should have a court appointed attorney, and should stay in contact with that person if you do.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/8/2013
Cooperate with your attorney. You failed your programs and you may not get another chance.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: