What can I do to resolve our problem with the travel agency? Posted on April 14, 2011

My friends and I booked a trip to the Dominican Republic through a travel agency. Due to funding I would not be able to go on the trip anymore. So I contacted the travel agency to cancel my portion of the trip. The original deposit was 150.00. She said since I didn’t have insurance on it, I would loose the whole amount. I said okay. I asked her instead can I add the money to the other travelers, she said no I couldn't do that and the other travelers trip fee would go up because I canceled. I said fine. Since my friend put the deposit for me can she demand more money because the operator took the initial $150.00. She I demanding I pay her 75.00 dollars, when her invoice says $75.00 for cancelation per person.