What can I do to resolve my criminal case in Florida? Posted on March 09, 2011

I am involved in a criminal case that has lasted for 5 years. The judge and the attorney were not to be in the same court per a previous judicial administrative order. I discovered this after 17 months. The Judge was changed, the attorney withdrew, and with no legal counsel, the judge required that I sign a waiver to my "right to speedy trial", the sixth amendment. I was then sent back to the previous judge, where my case was dismissed on a motion to suppress but not filed, the state reopened, and it was dismissed again. It was filed, but the state has appealed, and the motion to suppress was denied. Since that time, the state's attorney has been reassigned, and the judge has left the bench on leave. The case is now in limbo. I have had to borrow money for the thousands of dollars in legal fees, and with no drivers license, I was unable to work. I have been forced to vacate my home and move in with my parents. Do you have any answer for me as to whom I should talk to or whatever I can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: