What can I do to remove two DUI's from my record? 2 Answers as of October 16, 2017

My first was in 2006.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2017
Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider | Peter Goldscheider
Nothing can be done to "remove" them from your record but there is a procedure by which you can say that they were dismissed after the fact and as a result, you do not have to report them as convictions in private employment job applications. Each county has a different procedure and it can be done with or without an attorney. Sometimes you are entitled to an expungement; sometimes it is discretionary with the judge. DUI expungements, for example, are discretionary as are situations where you have violated probation. In both situations, an attorney could help. He or she would likely seek the route of a formal motion before the court which also could be done much sooner than the administrative way. Costs vary with attorney to attorney. In such things where the lawyer makes a difference, you get what you pay for.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2017
Click to View More Answers: