What can I do to prevent my boyfriend from being deported? 4 Answers as of February 27, 2011

My boyfriend is in jail for charges that were dropped. What can I do to stop him from getting deported? He is illegal. We have A daughter together a lady hit our vehicle and he was driving he got two charges leaving the scene and careless operation he went to court a bond was set for those charges but he got a hold for immigration those two charges have been dropped is there ANYTHING I can do to stop him from getting deported?

Any attorney will need a lot more information to make such a decision - when did he enter the U.S., how, any criminal record, permanent resident or U.S. citizen relatives, any prior border stops, are you considering marriage, your status, age of the child, other equities for a non-LPR cancellation of removal case if at least ten years presence in the U.S., etc. If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below.

I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
No, very unlikely at this stage of matters, I would say.
You have no standing to do anything for him. If he is illegal, he will be put in deportation process. However, if there is a approvable petition, the judge has discretion to dismiss the order to remove him. It is time to hire an attorney to keep him in the country. You are welcome to contact us if you want a lawyer to argue for you in front of a judge. Good luck!
Javia & Moore
Javia & Moore | Marisa-Andrea Moore
You need to hire an immigration attorney for your boyfriend. Your attorney will be able to assess what possible relief and options that may be available to him. You may contact our office for assistance.