What can I do to pass a tax audit regarding others living at my address? 1 Answers as of February 21, 2011

My aunt allowed me to claim her girls for the past three years. This year I got an audit which I don't know why. They ask for proof they lived with me but my aunt didn't change their address or anything so I have no proof. So what can I do to resolve this issue. I sent a letter that my aunt and a notary republic signed but that still wasn't enough. I don't know what else to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
At this point, if they have not accepted the letter, you need to retain a tax attorney to ascertain whether your claiming them as your dependents is justified. If so, then you can retain this attorney to negotiate with the IRS.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 2/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: