What can I do to obtain my stolen property? Posted on August 08, 2011

I recently had a package ordered to my friend's house because I currently in the process of moving and do not have a physical address. I received confirmation from UPS that the package was delivered on 8/4/2011 at 10:35 am. When I went to pick up my package, my friend told me that the package had not arrived. Confused, I asked her to look around for it. After investigating, my friend discovered that her older sister (who is on house arrest) had received the package, and was holding the items from the package in her bedroom. When I asked my friend's sister about receiving the package, she denied ever getting it, opening it, and hiding the items in her bedroom. I called the company I ordered from and they told me that my name was not on the outside of the package, but my name and information was listed on the shipping form and order invoice inside the package. My question is: Is there any sort of crime here? Her sister is refusing to give me the contents of the package, and I would like to know if there is anything I can do legally to obtain my property from her.