What can I do to make her accountable or perhaps get some of my money back? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2016

My lawyer withdrew representation prior to our court date because she did not want to answer my questions regarding the fees. She was charging and did not want to be bothered to clarify the law to me when I asked. I feel she robbed me of my retainer which I have nothing to show for it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
First, you should offer to enter into a fee arbitration (through your local or county bar assn.) If she rejects that offer, you can sue for refund (Small Claims Court).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2016
Click to View More Answers: