What can I do to keep my sister in the US after she has been detained by immigration? 8 Answers as of January 17, 2011

My sister got a visa when she was a minor then, now she goes to high school. I am a US citizen and I filed for her. I did not receive any denial from the USCIS, but one night the immigration came to my house and detained her. I went and I paid a bail for her She got her first court date in January butIi asked to continue the case until I get legal representation for her. My question is my sister depends on me so much. I want her to stay in the US where she goes to school. Can you please advise me?

Your sister may have some options to remain in the US especially since she is so young and has US citizen family members. Call my office if youd like to set up a time to talk so I can look at all the options she has. We charge $250 an hour for consultations, but that would then be credited to your account if you decide to hire us for the entire case. Hopefully well be able to get something figured out for her.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
There may be no way for your sister to remain the United States after her visa had expired. Your petition for her takes many years to become current, and she won't be able to benefit from that in the United States if she is already out of status. The only sure way for her to stay in the US is if she marries a US citizen, but this option doesn't look good for her since she is still so young. She may need to explore other visa options in the future after leaving the United States.
You need to contact an immigration attorney you handling removal/deportation cases. After conducting a detailed questioning of you and your sister and reviewing her situation they will be able to tell you if she has an defense to being deported.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
We would need to know more about her case to be able to help her.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
Your sister needs legal representation in her removal proceedings. Please contact an immigration lawyer immediately.